von Haefen, Roger, PhD
Agricultural and Resource Economics
Expertise: Applied Econometrics, Environmental Economics, Natural Resource Economics and Management, Energy Economics and Policy
Phone: (919) 515-8946
Fax: (919) 515-1824
Office Address: 4338 Nelson
Specialty: Joint research/teaching appointment with emphasis in environmental economics
Professional Service: Co-Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management
- Wichman, Casey, Laura Taylor & Roger H. von Haefen. “Conservation Policies: Who Responds to Price and Who Responds to Prescription?” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 79:114-134, September 2016.
- Van Houtven, George, Carol Mansfield, Daniel Phaneuf, Roger H. von Haefen, Bryan Milstead, Melissa Kenney and Kenneth Reckhow. “Combining Expert Elicitation and Stated Preference Methods to Value Ecosystem Services from Improved Water Quality,” Ecological Economics, 99: 40-52, March 2014.
- Li, Shanjun, Christopher Timmins & Roger H. von Haefen. “How Do Gasoline Prices Affect Fleet Fuel Economy?” American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, 1(2): 113-137, August 2009.
- Bento, Antonio M., Lawrence H. Goulder, Mark R. Jacobsen & Roger H. von Haefen. “Distributional and Efficiency Impacts of Increased U.S. Gasoline Taxes,” American Economic Review, 99(3): 667-699, June 2009.
- von Haefen, Roger H. & Daniel J. Phaneuf. “Identifying Demand Parameters in the Presence of Unobservables: A Combined Revealed and Stated Preference Approach,” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 56(1): 19-32, July 2008.
- von Haefen, Roger H. “Empirical Strategies for Incorporating Weak Complementarity into Consumer Demand Models,” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 54(1): 15-31, July 2007.
- von Haefen, Roger H., Daniel J. Phaneuf & George R. Parsons. “Estimation and Welfare Analysis with Large Demand Systems,” Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, 22(2): 194-205, April 2004.