Vukina, Tomislav, PhD
Agricultural and Resource Economics
Expertise: Agricultural Economics: Prices, Markets and Policy, Industrial Organization, Natural Resource Economics and Management
Phone: (919) 515-5964
Fax: (919) 515-6268
Office Address: 3332 Nelson
- Wang, Z. and T. Vukina. Welfare Effects of Payment Truncation in Piece Rate Tournaments. Journal of Economics 120 (2017): 219-249.
- Dubois, P. and T. Vukina. Incentives to Invest in Short-term vs. Long-term Contracts: Theory and Evidence. The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy, Vol. 16(3), (2016): 1239-1272.
- Zheng, Y. and T. Vukina. Using Age-Based Insurance Eligibility Criterion to Estimate Moral Hazard in Medical Care Consumption. Financial Theory and Practice 40 (No.3), (2016): 338-356.
- Kandilov, I. and T. Vukina. Salaries or Piece Rates: On Endogenous Matching of Harvest Workers and Crops. Economic Inquiry, Vol. 54 (No.1), January 2016: 76-99.
- Vukina, T. and D. Nestic. Do People Drive Safer when Accidents are More Expensive: Testing for Moral Hazard in Experience Rating Schemes, Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Vol. 71 (2015): 46-58.
- Weng, T., T. Vukina and X. Zheng. Productivity or Demand: Determinants of Plant Survival and Ownership Change in the U.S. Poultry Industry. Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Vol. 37, No. 1 (2015): 151-175.
- Liu, X., D. Nestic and T. Vukina. Estimating Adverse Selection and Moral Hazard Effects with Hospital Invoices Data in a Government Controlled Health Care System. Health Economics, Vol. 21 (August 2012): 883-901.
- Vukina, T. and X. Zheng. Homogenous and Heteregenous Contestants in Piece Rate Tournaments: Theory and Empirical Analysis. Journal of Business and Economic Statatistics, Vol. 29 (October 2011):506-517.
- Vukina, T. and X. Zheng. Bargaining, Search, and Price Dispersion: Evidence from the Live Hogs Market. Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Vol. 39 (October 2010): 534-546.
- Dubois, P. and T. Vukina. Optimal Incentives under Moral Hazard and Heterogeneous Agents: Evidence from Production Contracts Data. International Journal of Industrial Organization, Vol. 27 (July 2009): 489-500.
- T. Vukina, C, Shin, and X. Zheng. Complementarity Among Alternative Procurement Arrangements in the Pork Packing Industry. Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization. Vol. 7 (February 2009) Article 3.
- X. Zheng, T. Vukina. Do Alternative Marketing Arrangements Increase Pork Packers’ Market Power? American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 91(1) (February 2009):250-263
- T. Vukina and Danijel Nestic. Asymmetric Information in Health Insurance: Some Preliminary Evidence from the Croatian State-Administered Supplemental Plan. Privredna Kretanja i Ekonomska Politika 115/2008.
- X. Zheng, T. Vukina, and Changmock Shin. The Role of Farmers’ Risk aversion for Contract Choice in the US Hog Industry.Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization. Vol. 6 (2008) Article 4.
- T. Vukina, X. Zheng, Michele Marra and Armando Levy. Do Farmers Value the Environment? Evidence from a Conservation Reserve Program Aution International Journal of Industrial Organization Vol. 26 (November 2008): 1323-1332.
- T. Vukina and X. Zheng. Structural Estimation of Rank-Order Tournament Games with Private Information. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol.89 (August 2007): 651-664.
- Zheng X. and T. Vukina. Efficiency Gains from Organizational Innovation: Comparing Ordinal and Cardinal Tournament Games in Broiler Contracts. International Journal of Industrial Organization, Vol. 25 (2007): 843-859.
- Porametr Leegomonchai and T. Vukina. Political Economy of Regulation of Boiler Contracts. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. Vol. 88(November 5, 2006):1258-1265.
- Inoue, A. and T. Vukina. Testing for the Principal’s Monopsony Power in Agency Contracts. Empirical Economics, Vol. 31 (2006): 717-734.
- Vukina, T. and P. Leegomonchai. Oligopsony Power, Asset Specificity and Hold-Up: Evidence from the Broiler Industry. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 88 (3), (August 2006): 589-605.
- Leegomonchai, P. and T. Vukina. Dynamic Incentives and Agent Discrimination in Broiler Production Tournaments. Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, Vol. 14 (4), 2005: 849-877.
- Pierre Dubois and T. Vukina. Grower Risk Aversion and the Cost of Moral Hazard in Livestock Production Contracts. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 86(3) (August 2004): 835-841
- Bontems, P., P. Dubois, and T. Vukina. Optimal Regulation of Private Production Contracts with Environmental Externalities. Journal of Regulatory Economics, Vol. 26 (3), 2004: 287-301.
- Levy, A. and T. Vukina. The League Composition Effect in Tournaments with Heterogeneous Players: An Empirical Analysis of Broiler Contracts. Journal of Labor Economics, Vol. 22 (2), 2004: 353-377.
- Vukina, T. The Relationship between Contracting and Livestock Waste Pollution. Review of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 25 (1), 2003: 66-88.
- Levy, A. and T. Vukina. Optimal Linear Contracts with Heterogeneous Agents. European Review of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 29 (2), 2002: 205-217.
- Tsoulouhas, T. and T. Vukina. Regulating Broiler Contracts: Tournaments versus Fixed Performance Standards. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 83 (November), 2001: 1062-1073.
- Vukina, T. C. E. Hilmer and D. Lueck. A Hotelling – Faustmann Explanation of the Structure of Christmas Tree Prices. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 83 (August), 2001: 513-525.
- Vukina, T. and A. Wossink. Environmental Policies and Agricultural Land Values: Evidence from the Dutch Nutrient Quota System. Land Economics, Vol. 76 (3), 2000: 413-429.
- Tsoulouhas, T. and T. Vukina. Integrator Contracts with Many Agents and Bankruptcy. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 81 (1), 1999: 61-74.
- D.F. Li and T. Vukina. Effectiveness of Dual Hedging with Price and Yield Futures. The Journal of Futures Markets, Vol. 18 (5), 1998: 541-561.
- Palmquist, R. B., F. M. Roka, and T. Vukina. Hog Operations, Environmental Effects, and Residential Property Values. Land Economics, Vol. 73 (1), 1997: 114-124.
- Vukina, T., D. F. Li, and D. Holthausen. Hedging with Crop Yield Futures: A Mean-Variance Analysis. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 78 (November), 1996: 1015-1025.
- Vukina, T. and J. L. Anderson. A State-Space Forecasting Approach to Optimal Intertemporal Cross-Hedging. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 75 (May), 1993: 416-424.
- Richard Vaccaro and T. Vukina. A Solution to the Positivity Problem in the State-Space Approach to Modeling Vector-Valued Time Series. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control. 17 (1993): 401-421.
- Estimating Asymmetric Information Effects in Health Care Accounting for the Transactions Cost
- Sorting into Contests: Evidence from Production Contracts
- Positively Dependent Productivity Shocks in Tournaments: An Empirical Analysis of Production Contracts Settlement Data
- Risk Aversion, Moral Hazard and Gender Differences in Health Care Utilization